Henry Venn (1734 - 1808)
Baptised: 1734 (Apr 29) Warkleigh, Devon
Buried: 1808 (Aug 16) Kings Nympton, Devon
Henry Venn (1704? - 1788)
Jane Good (1702? - 1772)
1761 (Mar 29) South Molton, Devon
to Sarah Govier (1740 - 1789)
See right column for more information
Elizabeth Venn (1731 - 1797)
John Venn (1736/7 - 1814)
Richard Venn (1738? - 1822)
See this record for more information
Henry Venn (1761 - 1821)
Farmed at Coombe, south of Kings Nympton
(although actually in the parish of Chulmleigh)
Married 1796 (Oct 26) Kings Nympton, Devon
to Elizabeth Turner (née Carpenter)
Probably took over Coombe Farm in the 1760s
(apprentices indentured to Henry Venn junior)
- married 1775 (Oct 14) Kings Nympton, Devon
to Robert Turner (who died in 1790)
- buried 1820 (Dec 31) South Molton, Devon?
- baptised 1792 (Oct 21) Kings Nympton, Devon
(the illegitimate child of Elizabeth Turner, widow)
- the residuary legatee in Henry Venn's will in 1808
- married 1820 (Oct 10) Exeter to Sarah Vilet?
- a farm labourer in Chulmleigh, Devon at 1841 census?
- a tanner's labourer in Chulmleigh at 1851 census?
- buried 1855 (Jan 17) Chulmleigh, Devon?
Details of his second wife's origins and family
Whether Henry had any other children
(and whether he was the father of William Turner)